VP Procurement & Logistics
Our client is a R&D and Battery Production Company based in Bratislava, providing new Energy Solutions for Electric Vehicles across European market.
We are looking for a VP Procurement & Logistics, who will create and manage procurement and logistics system within the first and unique Battery R&D and Production Company in Europe.
Primarily responsibilities with direct report to COO of Organization:
• Lead creation of overall distribution and logistics vision and strategy, including network design.
• End to end distribution and logistics processes and supporting technologies.
• Set KPI targets in collaboration with organizational goals and current directives.
• Lead strategic relationships with distribution and logistics partners
• Build strategic relationships for transportation performance
• Be immediately knowledgeable concerning the issues and complexities of issues regarding battery manufacturing logistics, materials, and procurement.
• Assure sustainability of supply chain with respect towards safety, environment, social responsibility.
• Respond efficiently and effectively to changes and issues in a complex logistics and supply chain system.
• Knowledge of regulations and legislation regarding relevant materials for battery manufacturing in the EU.
• Proven track record with 7+ years’ experience in procurement and logistics, preferably regarding battery manufacturing or industrial mineral/chemical refinement.
• Good understanding of cell chemistries used in automotive applications
• Experience overseeing and responding to changes in complex supply chains.
• Appropriate experience working in large international organizations with complex procurement and logistics needs affected by global changes.
• Experience with logistics and procurement in the EU a plus
• Ability to build strong and transparent relations with contractors and suppliers
• Strong leadership in creation of sustainable supply chain without shortcuts
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Experience dealing with complexity in a multi-national environment
• Understanding of complex relations between different aspects of businesses and value chains
• A drive for building more sustainable business models
• Strong planning, organising, coordinating and priority-setting skills
• Exceptional problem-solving skills with scientific approach as a plus
• Ability to deal with many dimensions in a complex system
• Strong reasoning & logic thinking capability
• Results-orientation with a strong sense of urgency and drive for closure