This company employ around 100 staff and it has the feel or an SME environment, yet they have the backing of a global corporate. The company is a world leader in design & manufacture of connectivity, motion control and power electronics products, servicing the aerospace, defence and industrial markets. T/O is in the £15-20m range.
We’re looking for an Engineer to support manufacturing in achievement of quality, cost and delivery targets. Support production with issues as they arise and conduct root cause corrective action in a timely manner to drive improvements in the manufacturing process and designs to support repeatability in manufacturing.
You’ll be working closely with the manufacturing and engineering team to identify and implement continuous improvement activities across all manufacturing and test areas to drive productivity improvements. This will include supporting engineering in the NPI and DFM processes to ensure new products are designed in accordance with manufacturing strategy.
To apply for this role we are looking for:
• Experience of surface mount and electronics manufacturing (ideally, but other technologies considered)
• Experience of 5S, Lean Six Sigma and implementation of continuous improvement methods
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a manufacturing engineer or similar role
• Computer literate, proficient with a wide range of software packages.
• Background in manufacturing practices
• Ability to translate complex electro-mechanical drawings into manufacturing instruction
• Ability to analyse problems and develop solutions
• Use of ERP and other systems to maintain manufacturing data
• Degree qualified or equivalent technical experience.
• Experience in the use of CAD software
• Implementation of capital purchase projects
This would suit a Pro-active and self-motivated Engineer who can identify and prioritise their own workload. You’ll likely be highly driven and happy to own issues all the way through to resolution. We’re really looking for an experienced Manufacturing Engineer who has good project management capabilities, is positive and can influence change. A lot of the work will be around mini projects handling capital equipment upgrades/replacements, process development and NPI. We need an Engineer who can pull teams together, drive the change and generally solve problems and be a positive force within the production team.
Experience of using an ERP system is required and ideally someone who is data driven. It’s an electronics PCB environment but as long as there is an understanding of the technology and an aptitude/willingness to learn, then other technologies will be considered.
• Hovercraft Ticket and Taxi to site paid or relocation assistance if moving to the IOW
• Company Pension Scheme & Life Assurance
• 25 days holidays per year plus bank holidays
• 37.5 hour working week over 4.5 days