This company employ around 100 staff and it has the feel or an SME environment, yet they have the backing of a global corporate. The company is a world leader in design & manufacture of connectivity, motion control and power electronics products, servicing the aerospace, defence and industrial markets. T/O is in the £15-20m range.
You'll be responsible for developing, configuring and optimizing manufacturing processes. The role will be responsible for implementing new processes and getting them fully embedded within the production flow including programming equipment, training staff and running the process as part of the production team.
We are looking for a Process Engineer who can use lean tools and techniques that continually identify and drive processes improvement.
- To implement new processes within production, focusing on the implementation of new equipment and training sta.
- As part of the production team assist with daily production build and associated build targets.
- To ensure all production processes are introduced, used and maintained in controlled, documented manner, and are compliant with Quality, Environmental and H&S requirements of the business.
- To produce manufacturing process instructions for products.
- To use time study and layout methods to drive optimisation of processes.
- To work with D.O. and engineering during product design to improve product manufacturability relating to specific production processes.
- To specify additional manufacturing aids such as jigs, fixtures, solder screens etc.
- To pro-actively search for ways to improve existing manufacturing methods to improve quality and output whilst reducing cost.
- To ensure all manufacturing equipment and processes comply with the Health and Safety at Work Act
- Sound understanding of current manufacturing techniques.
- Production/Process Engineering expereince from within the Electronics Industry.
- GCSE Grade C or above in English and Mathematics (or equivalent).
- Ability to communicate on all levels.
- Lean manufacturing experience
- Mechanical or Electronic Engineering Degree.
- Ability to create drawings to BS 308 standard.
- Machine programming.
- SMT equipment Mydata, DEK printers reflow, AOI, Spray conformal coating and selective soldering equipment
This position offers unlimited scope for initiative and creativity when creating manufacturing packages, process and line layout.
- Hovercraft Ticket and Taxi to site paid or relocation assistance if moving to the IOW
- Company Pension Scheme & Life Assurance
- 25 days holidays per year plus bank holidays
- 37.5 hour working week over 4.5 days