A fantastic opportunity has become available for a Principal Power Electronics Engineer to join our Engineering clients' Motors and Power Systems Research Team. This is great chance for a Power Electronics Engineer with a proven technical background and ideally some leadership skills, as you will be required to lead engineers and projects. We are seeking strong experience in the design of rotating machinery, you will also require analytical skills including FEA.
Minimum technical experience and knowledge:
* Good knowledge of 3D computer aided design (CAD) software packages
* Strong understanding of power transmission system design.
* Expert working knowledge of analytical techniques, including Finite Element Analysis (ideally Ansys) for structural, vibratory, thermal and shock load considerations
* Extensive rotating machinery design experience, with a strong understanding of rotordynamic phenomena and assessment techniques.
* Expert knowledge of lifing techniques, both from fatigue and fracture mechanics perspectives
* Strong knowledge of thermal systems design principles
* Good understanding of statistics and robust design techniques
* Sound understanding of materials science.
Skills / Education and experience:
* A degree in a relevant engineering or scientific discipline (2:1 degree or better) with a demonstrable level of industrial experience in the design and development of mechanical systems.
* Recent experience of EV motor, gearbox and battery pack design and development
* Composite structure design and analysis
* Assembly supplier selection
* Knowledge of ISO 26262 Essential behavioural skills: