High-tech engineering business is seeking a proven Power Engineer. Supporting the Power Engineering team you will; design, implement, test and document controller power hardware.
Great opportunity to work with high-profile automotive OEM clients; delivering motor controllers for next generation performance EV / PHEV’s.
Key responsibilities will include:
• Supporting the inverter and converter power development and contributing to specification and circuit reviews
• Supporting the functional safety case (ISO 26262) of the system
• Design and validation of high-power inverters for automotive applications
• Simulation and evaluation of thermal models
• PCB layout design and manufacturing support
• Evaluating component lifetime, limits and derating
• Supporting EMC testing and the development of technical files
• Undertake any other duties that may be considered appropriate.