Founded in 2019, we are building electric trucks specifically to be used in and around cities and urban areas. The company’s ambition is to remove tailpipe emissions, reduce city pollution, and completely redesign the vehicle to make it significantly safer – for drivers as well as pedestrians and cyclists.
We are a small and tight knit team wanting to work with those who share our passion, our values and our drive to make city centres safer and cleaner.
You will oversee a product data management and variant configuration team that is appropriate to the needs of Volta trucks, and then apply novel and appropriate methods based on a standard PLM system implementation.
The scope of this will include all vehicle systems and components across all projects.
• Creation of Product Breakdown Structure for early programmes
• Continuous improvement of Part Catalogue
• BOM authoring in conjunction with engineering, including material master data and variant coding
• BOM validation
• Creation and maintenance of Production and Service BOMs
• Governance and continuous improvement of engineering change process
• Maintain all aspects of part data including colour coding and configuration
• Translation of product definition into configuration model to allow coding for BOM, manufacturing model, order form, cost and weight reporting/ monitoring models
• Creation and maintenance of colour tables for coloured parts
• Liaise will all Volta Truck departments to ensure that product definition is inline with BOM and configuration model and key documents are updated
• Coordinate all PDM activities across programmes as defined by NPI
• Timely gatekeeping of release process
• Define measures of BOM status and accuracy
• Accountability for reporting of BoM maturity and VC status according to NPI and defined metrics
• Assist with DV/PV parts and spares lists for prototype build phases
Skills and Qualifications
• 5 years+ automotive engineering experience in a leading role in Product Data Management
• University degree in a relevant engineering topic
• Good understanding of interdependencies for Bills of Materials and Variant Configuration models
• Strong communication skills and fluent in English
• Strong team leadership and interpersonal skills, cross cultural understanding, organizing and coordinating ability
• Ability to drive and complete tasks independently, task oriented and high attention to detail
• Ability to work in a complex and ambiguous environment
• Positive and passionate, good team player