13 days ago
Salary / Rate:
Up to £50k + Benefits Package
This opportunity would suit an Electronics Manufacturing Engineer with team leadership experience who is keen to work in an SME environment, yet receive the backing of a global corporate. The company is a world leader in design & manufacture of connectivity, motion control and power electronics products, servicing the aerospace, defence and industrial markets.
With revenues in the £15-20m range and circa 120 employees, we are now looking for an NPI Manufacturing Engineering Manager who can work hand in hand with the Op’s Director and drive new product development, deliver ongoing continuous improvement programmes across all areas of production including production engineering, test, product quality and surface mount.
You will also be responsible for ensuring that that new products are released to manufacturing on-time and with all the correct supporting documentation, tools and test equipment.
• Manage the manufacturing engineering team
• Reviewing current manufacturing methods to highlight areas for improvement.
• Design of manufacturing cells for existing and new product introduction.
• Lead NPI & DFM teams to review product design with respect to the most productive, efficient, and cost effective manufacturing methods.
• Work with test engineering to ensure product test coverage is as automated as possible.
• Use ‘lean tools’ and methods to improve the productivity of existing manufacturing processes.
• Create new and correct/modify/rewrite existing manufacturing method files.
• Drive the "make / buy" decision process to determine the most cost effective manner in which to manufacture products.
• Prepare component and assembly cost estimates to support financial decisions required to evaluate new business opportunities.
• Drive the development of Manufacturing Engineers and Engineering Technicians through appropriate training.
• Specify and purchase tools and equipment for manufacture.
• Create/update MFG product structures for manufacturing.
• Design jigs, tooling and fixtures for manufacture.
To apply for this position you should be able to demonstrate the following:
• Degree qualified or equivalent technical experience
• Experience of surface mount and electronics manufacturing
• Have previous experience in a quality/continuous improvement role
• Experience in auditing internal processes and external suppliers
• Experience of lean or Six Sigma
• Implementation of continuous improvement methods
• Must have good communication skills and able to liaise with various internal departments and with suppliers
• Background in manufacturing practices
• Ability to own work priorities
• Ability to analyse problems and develop solutions
• Confidentiality/trust/Organisational skills
• Accurate and attentive to detail
• Hovercraft Ticket and Taxi to site paid
• Bonus scheme
• Company Pension Scheme
• Private Health Insurance for family
• 25 days holidays per year plus bank holidays
• Free parking
• 37.5 hour working week over 4.5 days