At the forefront of subsea innovation for the last 40 years, this company is an independent manufacturing business, employing almost 300 employees worldwide. The company offers interesting engineering challenges that require complex solutions and as such staff turnover is low due to the nature of the work and the way people are treated.
In this role you’ll be working closely with Production, Engineering and Quality in the design stage and PreProduction manufacture of new products, including first point of contact for all preproduction issues, reviewing of new production documentation, optimising production processes, recording and removing production risks, create step by step build and test documentation to promote right first time approach and ensure design for manufacture and design for test best practice is adopted on all new designs.
Preferred ONC or HNC in electronic / engineering discipline and/or relevant experience in electronics manufacturing environment
Experience in some of the following areas is required:
• Use of Quality tools: 8D, Root cause analysis, 5y's, etc.
• Focus on lean / waste reduction (Six Sigma)
• Failure Mode Effects Analysis (FMEA)
• A working knowledge of manufacturing techniques and Engineering drawings
• Interrogating Schematics
• Reviewing BOM's
• Working with ERP system
• Communicating well with all areas of the business
• Proven track record of diagnostic fault finding down to component level
• Design for Test/Manufacture (DFT, DFM)
• New Product Introduction (NPI) Continuous Improvement
• 25 days holiday
• Excellent Pension
• Death in Service x6
• Health Cover
• Bonus - PRP (not guaranteed but has historically paid between 5-18%)
Hours of work are 8.30 – 5pm (flexitime available)