NPI Applications Engineer
|Job Title:||NPI Applications Engineer|
|Salary:||£30-35k + Benefits + Bonus|
|Contact Name:||David Watts|
|Job Published:||August 20, 2020 11:17|
This exciting opportunity is working within the Applications Department and is to support pre-sales business by travelling to customer sites, setting up special purpose machines, answering customer queries, running samples, demonstrations and early production runs for the customer.
As a member of a world-wide Applications team you’ll travel extensively around Europe complementing the existing team. We are looking for a self-starter, who enjoys travelling. You’ll need to be articulate, energetic and persuasive, while paying great attention to technical details. You will also need to be comfortable working independently in a fast-paced environment and be able to think on your feet, easily adapt to changing circumstances & customer queries.
• Installation, operation & process optimisation of new products at customer sites
• Liaising with customer’s technical staff and managing early customer trials and expectations for new product releases
• Support on-going business with troubleshooting issues escalated from the operations team in the field.
• From time to time, support the wider pre-sales technical engagement by supporting the Applications and Product Specialist teams
• Monitor, record and report work through lab notebooks on a continuous basis
• Manage continuous improvement of process, safety and quality
• Support junior members of the Applications team
• Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in Chemistry, Physics, Materials Science, or an equivalent discipline.
• Minimum 5 years of experience working in technical development or laboratory/production environment.
• Experience working as a project lead.
• Experience of running complex equipment and performing accurate measurements to tight deadlines and responding to urgent requests for technical information.
• Experience leading trouble-shooting processes, development of procedures and ability to diagnose machine issues.
• Experience of directly working with customers.
• Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office suite (good working knowledge of Excel, Word and PowerPoint).
• Good communication and presentation skills
• Masters’ degree (or higher) in Chemistry, Physics, Materials Science, or an equivalent discipline.
• Experience with vacuum deposition technologies.
• Experience of authoring, training, or marketing in a technical environment.
• Understanding of the processes used in electronic device manufacture.
This position would suit an outgoing Engineer who is happy to travel around 80% of the time, working closely with customers. Someone who is able to plan and organise their own work load; who has a flexible and adaptable approach and is big on teamwork. Resilience, Initiative and Problem Solving are words that describe you.
• Pension - Up to 5% matched
• Westfiield Cover - Dentist / Eye tests etc
• 25 days holiday, can purchase more or sell back to company
• Hours - 37.5 per week
• 9-5.30, or 8-4.30, or 10-6pm
• Bonus - Individual & company – Up to 10%
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's