ADAS Research Engineer / Lead
|Job Title:||ADAS Research Engineer / Lead|
|Salary:||Competitive + benefits|
|Contact Name:||Nick Green|
|Job Published:||December 11, 2018 12:29|
I currently have a fantastic opportunity available for an ADAS Research Engineer for our client based in London. As a technical specialist on ADAS, vehicle braking and Type Approval within the Technical Team, you will provide influential expertise on core dossiers and lead regulatory work at UK, EU and UN level, supporting departmental objectives and business strategy. This role would suit an Engineer with a strong academic and research background in ADAS, it may also be of interest to a Project Engineer with technical expertise in this area who is looking for a position with more of an analytical and regulatory focus.
This role is based in London and is paying a competitive salary + benefits package.
MAIN DUTIES INCLUDE:
• As a technical specialist on ADAS, vehicle braking and Type Approval within the Technical Team to provide influential expertise on core dossiers and lead related regulatory work at UK, EU and UN level, supporting departmental objectives and services and business strategy.
• To provide the secretariat to the relevant Committees/Working Groups. Pro-actively manage their agendas, papers and activities and deliver key actions arising, working with committee/working group members, colleagues, government and other stakeholders.
• To liaise and consult with member companies, government and key stakeholder on all relevant subjects and documents, to solicit member input to create an evidence base and draft influential proposals, positions, responses, papers and presentations as required.
• To represent UK views at/to meetings of relevant industry, governmental and standardisation organisations in the UK, EU and globally and influence the work of relevant organisations’ working groups as appropriate.
• To provide regular technical information/circulars, briefing and support for members, colleagues and relevant committees and trade sections as required
• To deal with technical and legislative enquiries from industry, the public, and outside organisations in a professional manner
QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS / ATTRIBUTES REQUIRED;
• Professional engineer with a degree in Automotive Engineering and Chartered Engineer status (or willingness/working towards to). Other relevant engineering degrees (e.g. aerospace, marine, mechanical) will be considered subject to proven experience in ADAS, vehicle braking and Type Approval and/or relevant technical regulations.
• Proven professional experience in automotive industry or relevant government departments, agencies or sister industries. This should include regulatory experience, practical engineering, project management and supervisory positions.
• Good knowledge of the global regulatory framework for motor vehicles, experience in technical legislation and processes and awareness of current automotive issues. Able to interpret, provide guidance on requirements and shape regulatory content, policy and strategy. High awareness of the commercial and engineering context in automotive desirable.
• Highly motivated team player with the drive and ability to lead across diverse teams, projects and issues, continuously challenging and developing self and able to motivate and inspire others. Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to form trusting working relationships with members, government, stakeholders and colleagues.
• Excellent communicator (written, verbal and presentational), clear, diplomatic and able to adapt to relevant context and audience. Able to command authority in technical, legal, political discussions, provide accurate and succinct briefings to senior executives, and communicate effectively to technical and non-technical audiences. Competent in the use of information and communication technology commensurate with duties.
• Good project management and organisational skills. Ability to multi-task, respond flexibly to needs of business and self-organise work effectively on different projects and issues.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's