Due to a number of new projects we are looking for a Mechanical FEA and Simulations Engineer to be responsible for delivering the design simulation aspects of New Product Introduction development projects. You’d be working on technology such as turbogenerator, electric compressors, electric turbochargers, power electronics and other high speed rotating devices.
You’ll be working as the simulation lead within the Mechanical Engineering team and be exposed to a variety of projects, people and technologies.
• Lead design simulation within Engineering.
• Lead New Product design optimisation though simulation of components, assemblies and systems, including analysis of stress, heat transfer, fluid flow, rotordynamics, bolted joints and high-speed rotating components.
• Maintain and develop mechanical engineering capabilities, tools and processes.
• Ensure all mechanical engineering delivery is rigorously executed with robust control of safety, configuration, standards, quality, utilising a systems engineering approach.
• Development of component testing techniques and procedures to validate model-based predictions and results.
• Support in the design and development of test rigs
• Apply balanced risk management in the execution of engineering scope, both from a development and diagnostic perspective, using FMEA, FTA etc
• Support engineering change validation tasks with simulation analysis where appropriate
• Support New Product Introduction tasks with simulation analysis where appropriate
• Complete project and ad hoc duties as required.
KEY BACKGROUND, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• BEng / MEng 2:1 minimum in mechanical, automotive, aerospace or power engineering from a leading university. Postgraduate qualification desirable.
• Strong background in a mechanical engineering and CAD with a focus on stress, thermal and fluid analysis (essential), and high-speed rotating machines (desired).
• 3+ years experience using ANSYS (essential) and Solidworks (desired)
• Used to operating with direct design responsibility.
• Experience of managing and prioritising own tasks and working in multi-project environments.
• Experience of small company environments.
We ideally need someone with excellent communication skills who can demonstrate and promote openness, listening to and accommodating other’s ideas. You’ll naturally be a team player but be able to influence others in a collaborative way.
• Company Pension & Life Assurance
• Annual Bonus
• Health Insurance
• Cycle to Work Scheme
• Childcare Vouchers
• 25 days holidays per year plus bank holidays
• Employee Assistance Program
• Free parking on site
• 4.5 day week, including a modern flexible approach to working
If you are interested then please send me your latest CV for review but if not, and you know someone that might be, then we pay a referral fee on successful introduction – see https://www.gerrellandhard.co.uk/your-career/referral-rewards