Global tech business is seeking a proven Mechanical Engineer. You will be a proven engineer ideally with a minimum of two years proven work post-graduation. Ideally you able demonstrate a breadth of knowledge and understand of Mechanical Engineering, Mechanical Design and Thermal engineering and analysis. Ideally we are seeking someone who has gained some visibility of first principal design through to proof of concept /production.
This is a unique opportunity for a talented Mechanical Engineer looking to gain excellent experience and join a Research Division. You will report to the Mechanical Research Manager; you will join a growing team of multi-disciplined engineers focusing on the next generation of advanced / high performance electric motors for new and existing categories demonstrating new core technology and a complete system design approach.
- Deliver robust battery pack design solutions that fulfil the fundamental design requirements, achieving world class levels of power density (Prior battery pack design experience is NOT essential).
- Meet target specifications such as cost, size, weight and efficiency within the planned timeline
- Understand and comply with all relevant International Standards.
- Develop innovative & novel concepts with high value IP.
- Be responsible for delivering parts, assemblies and systems from concept to proof of principle.
- Demonstrate a sound understanding of systems engineering principles to define, optimise and validate product performance.
- Have the ability to understand the overall product concept and contribute significantly to influence its design through knowledge of the latest technologies & methods.
- Be a source of mechanical engineering expertise to advise on design, development, material, manufacturing, validation and test issues.
- Challenge and develop engineering practices to continuously improve efficiency
- Have the ability to build and manage relationships both internally and externally with suppliers and academic bodies
Education and experience:
- A degree in a relevant engineering or scientific discipline (2:1 degree or better) with a demonstrable level of industrial experience in the design and development of mechanical systems.
Minimum technical experience and knowledge:
- Working knowledge of 3D computer aided design (CAD) software packages,
- Good knowledge of analytical techniques, including Finite Element Analysis (ideally Ansys, Altair HyperWorks)
- Sound understanding of structural design principles, integrity assessment and design for dynamic loading and shock.