Great opportunity to join an international company based in Southampton. In this varied position you’ll be providing custom and bespoke designs against customer requirements as well as working closely with the internal fabrication team. You’ll be driving and taking the lead within the department in all aspects of the business keeping close communication with various managers across the company.
Specifically you will be responsible for:
• Cost, design, draw and develop customer specifications
• Liaise closely with customers, using problem solving and technical expertise to find unique solutions.
• Liaise closely with Fabricators to ensure the design is completed in line with specifications, costing, milestones and customer requirements.
• Project management.
• Identify any relevant standards and regulations.
• Update a portfolio of products offered by the Company.
• Business support - answering phone enquires, invoicing, quotations.
• Improve HSSE culture through adherence to and promotion of the Company’s HSSE values.
We are looking for the following experience:
• Design experience, ideally using AutoCAD
• Ability to read & understand manufacturing drawings
• Proven track record in specification drafting, designing and developing new and existing products.
• Working with customers
• Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office
• Good problem-solving skills and the ability to work on own initiative
• Very good verbal and written communication skills
• Good standard of Maths & English
• Autodesk Inventor 3D and AutoCAD 2D software experience
• Metal fabrication or construction industry knowledge or qualification in Mechanical Engineering
• Project management experience
• Knowledge of Building Regulations
• Exposure to modular construction techniques
This Design position would suit a mechanical engineer who enjoys a varied and creative position, working with others to produce a custom & bespoke product against individual customer requirements.
25 days holiday
Life Assurance x4
40 hour week