Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
|Job Title:||Senior Mechanical Design Engineer|
|Salary:||Up to £60k + Bonus + Benefits|
|Contact Name:||David Watts|
|Job Published:||February 01, 2020 15:00|
This is a great opportunity for a Mechanical Design Engineer who is interested in working for an expanding automotive engineering company involved in electric vehicle solutions. If you enjoy working within a multicultural and multi-skilled team of engineers then you will thrive in this environment.
This is a real engineering position. One day you’ll be using Solidworks, the next you’ll be developing a prototype in the lab or solving another problem entirely.
The work will focus on the design and analysis of precision electromechanical components, high speed rotating devices, enclosures, plastic parts and electronic packaging.
Appreciation for the demands of the automotive industry would be preferable but this shouldn’t deter you from making an application if you think your experience is suited to products that involve electronics packaging.
To apply for this position you should be able to demonstrate the following:
• A Technical Degree – ideally mechanical
• Experience of mechanical design of high reliability electromechanical components / products perhaps gained within automotive, aerospace, consumer electronics or other relevant markets
• Excellent problem solving skills using first principals with the ability to take products from concept to production (including feasibility and component evaluation)
• Use of 3D solid modelling CAD tools (e.g. Solidworks, Inventor, Creo, NX etc)
• Able to be the interface between Electronics and Mechanical Design teams to integrate electronic packs into the mechanical envelope.
• Experience with high speed rotating devices and the problems associated with these
• Appreciation for different manufacturing processes - casting, machining, injection moulding
• Experience with a variety of materials- plastics, steel, aluminium etc
• Design of injection mouldings for packaging of electronics
• Use of FEA software or proficient using hand calculations
• Knowledge of DFM and also DFMEA
• Test, Development and Prototyping experience
• Knowledge of heat management / thermal analysis and ideally EMC would be great
• Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
• Chartered status
• Knowledge or first-hand experience of ISO26262
• Ability to travel on occasion to places like China
• Discretionary Bonus - up to 15%
• Life Assurance
• Pension Scheme
• Private Healthcare
• Share Options
• Learning & Development
• Relocation package if required
The client has a forward thinking, professional and open culture and are looking for likeminded individuals who can add value to the mechancial design department.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's