Mechanical Design Draughtsperson - Inventor
Permanent - £ Contact for salary details
Our client is seeking a Mechanical Design Draughtsperson to create and maintain mechanical designs and technical documentation in line with the company’s business needs.
Key accountabilities and responsibilities:
• Review Engineering Change Requests and update existing designs, documentation and bills of materials in line with approved changes.
• Generate product upgrades for components and systems, ensuring they are on time and to budget.
• Create new design variants based on existing designs.
• Translate 3D conceptual designs into high quality detail drawings, general assembly drawings, schematics and bills of materials.
• Use Design for Manufacture and Assembly methodologies to ensure economic production.
• Ensure all engineering activities are documented and compliant with the company quality, HSE and Environmental policy and that designs comply with internationally recognised standards.
• Conduct activities in a professional manner to deliver quality mechanical design solutions.
• To work under general supervision either on your own or within project teams.
• To undertake any other duties as appropriate within their competence, as required by their Team Leader or Manager from time to time.
General accountabilities and responsibilities:
• To use personal judgement and initiative to develop effective and constructive solutions to challenges and obstacles in day to day activities and procedures within the specified role.
• To maintain personal ability in, and appropriate use of, all relevant IT (Information & Technology) and other systems required to adequately perform the role.
• To act ethically, with integrity and in the best interest of the business at all times.
• To maintain a professional and supportive relationship with team members and other departments in order to deliver business and delivery objectives or deadlines.
• To carry out any other duties as detailed by your Supervisor or Manager from time to time.
• To keep good time management to minimise any wasted time and maximise productivity and effectiveness.
Quality, health, safety and environment (QHSE)
• Cooperate with the company to achieve a healthy, safe and sustainable working environment
• Work in ways that ensure your own safety and that of others; “Do the right thing even when no one is looking.”
• Report any incidents, near misses or other health, safety and environmental concerns
• Deliver all products and services in line with the companies quality standards to ensure we meet our customer requirements and highlight any quality concerns or potential improvements.
To apply please send an MS Word formatted version of your CV across to me for review and consideration