Volta Trucks is a start-up full-electric commercial vehicle manufacturer and services company. Volta Trucks has offices in Sweden, France and the UK. The first prototype Volta Zero was launched in September 2020, with the first pre-production vehicles dueto start evaluation with customers in 2021 ahead of the start of series production in 2022.
Working to the Marketing, PR and Communications Director, an ambitious Marketing Manager is sought to develop, monitor and maintain the public profile and perception of Volta Trucks. As a relatively new brand, this is an opportunity to be part of the team that shapes and establishes the company from the outset.
In coordination with the Volta Trucks Sales, Aftersales, Commercial and PR and Communications teams, this role will implement engaging activity to showcase the company’s products and services to attract its target market. In addition, strategies to support its industrial operations, business plan, and enhance the profile of senior management will be developed and managed.
Due to the innovative positioning of Volta Trucks, this role doesn’t necessarily require previous automotive experience. The most important criteria is a Marketing Manager with B2B experience and a non-traditional approach, delivering customer communication and opportunities in a transparent, progressive, and entrepreneurial manner to reflect the brand personality.
This is a full-time role, with some travel in the UK and internationally. It is a mix of remote working and being office-based in the M3 / M4 corridor west of London. This role is perfect for someone proactive, independent, and results-driven and who has a great approach to teamwork and collaboration.
• Design, develop and implement the Volta Trucks Marketing strategy, in conjunction with the Marketing, PR and Communications Director, and the Sales, Aftersales and, Commercial departments, to deliver on the company’s objectives.
• Develop then manage the graphic and written articulation of the brand, acting as the company’s brand guardian, ensuring consistent messaging, tone of voice and application of the brand
• Manage all customer-facing channels including the website, social media and newsletters and customer / media events.
• Support the senior team with presentations
• Manage content production, developing a positive perception of the product, brand, and services
• Manage budgets within pre-defined limits
Qualifications and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree or similar, preferably in Marketing or Communications
• At least five years of marketing experience, some of which will have been delivered in a B2B environment.
• Automotive experience not essential – the candidate could also come from a technology, commercial sustainability or corporate / business background
• Experience working with and managing third-party agencies etc.
• Proficiency in all Microsoft Office products, including Excel, PowerPoint etc.
• A digital mindset, with a working knowledge of social media tools.
• Knowledge of marketing compliance regulations such as GDPR etc.
• Experience of networking with colleagues, senior management, agencies, and external influencers
• Strong oral, editing and written skills in the English language. A second language would be desirable