Manufacturing Engineer - Chassis Machining and Assembly
Salary - £35,000
Norfolk based (with first 6 months in Worcestershire due to site moving)
Our Automotive OEM client in Norfolk is seeking a Manufacturing Engineer - Chassis Machining and Assembly to join their business. The first part of this role will be based in Worcestershire for 6 months learning the processes and getting training in the new role before, the site moves to Norfolk whereby the role will be based their full time. This will be fully expensed by the business.
For this role you do not have to have Chassis machining experience (although this would be good) but, you do have CNC / programming (Alphacam / CADCAM) and ideally some level of general assembly experience to be suitable for this role.
Support the cars side of the business in the technical management and maintenance of existing production lines and development and introduction of new processes and tooling to support new products to those lines.
The role provides the opportunity to undertake a wide range of tasks and enables the successful candidate to work with many different areas of the business. There will be opportunities to make benefits to cars business in its day to day activities and also influence the way it could operate in the future.
Key responsibilities could include any, or a combination of, the following:
• Promote and maintain a healthy, safe and clean working environment at all times.
• Support Production & Project support as requested
• Responsible for agreement of critical significant characteristics and the creation of PFMEA and control plans
• Identify build issues/concerns and make relevant parties aware. Assist in finding solutions and follow all actions for resolution on Continuous Improvement tracking system
• Support creation of production man-assignments aligned to manufacturing build requirements (as defined via Sales & Operations business plan)
• Study operations sequence, material flow, fixturing / tooling, process documents / statements with the aim of improving line balancing, throughput and efficient working procedures
• Support draft and design layout of equipment, materials, and workspace to illustrate maximum efficiency.
• Support creation / development and maintenance of Process Sheets from engineering released data (PCO).
• Publish clear and concise information including all aspect of Man / Method / Machine (tooling) / Material to manufacturing
• Identify and evaluate individual training needs for Primary operators and provide training plans to ensure that standardised processes are followed, and that safety and quality documented care-points are adhered to
• Co-ordinate "On the Job" training for new processes with manufacturing staff
• Perform time studies for all Product / Process / Component changes to ensure manufacturing's ability to achieve to required Quality / Cost / Deliver elements
• Perform periodic Process Audits to ensure products are being built to release Manufacturing Engineering information (Man / Method / Machine / Material)
• Support implementation, control and closure of Deviations from standard production processes.
• Support new tooling / fixtures design and development / specification for introduction into manufacturing environment
• Support of tooling, equipment & facilities specification, procurement, installation, commissioning
• Support prove out new tooling and fixtures and provide constructive feedback.
• Support maintenance of tooling & jig registers
• Support the build of cars during EP, VP, Pilot and SOP phases.
• Establish daily status (from VP stage onwards) of new project introductions with regards to the 4M requirements i.e. Man - Machine - Method – Material
• Support population and maintenance of Station Readiness metrics.
• Support Plan / Do / Check / Action all initiatives, tasks and agreed actions to ensure their full achievement to Launch Plan
• Adopt a positive approach to coaching and facilitation and supporting manufacturing supervision to help them successfully achieve the Launch Plan and its objectives.
• Support estimation of production cost and effect of product design changes for management review, action, and control
- BTEC/ NVQ in Engineering
- Previous manufacturing, production engineering knowledge including CNC machining
- MS Excel, Word, Powerpoint & Project, use of process systems, logical thinker for problem solving and process planning.
- Experience working in a production environment
- Pro-active team player. Self motivated & driven to succeed.
- Positive ”can do" attitude, eye for detail, methodical and measured approach
- CNC / programming (Alphacam / CADCAM) and ideally some level of general assembly experience.
- Bupa healthcare
-1/2 day Friday
- 25 days holiday + bank holiday
- Pension scheme
To apply please send an MS Word formatted version of your CV across for our review and consideration.