Our client are a global manufacturing company supplying products to automotive OEM customers from more than 70 manufacturing facilities spanning several continents. Their product line includes Climate, Exhaust, Heat Exchange, Interior and Electronic Systems. A fantastic opportunity has become available for a Maintenance & Engineering Manager to join their team on a permanent basis. This role will see the successful applicant lead and manage the Maintenance and Engineering team on a daily basis to develop, improve and maintain all equipment and processes, and work with the Production Engineering department to support and facilitate the introduction of new products, equipment and the processes.
The successful candidate shall be a dynamic, proactive, results oriented individual with the ability to work to tight deadlines. You must possess excellent organisational, communication and interpersonal skills to ensure success. This is a hands on, strategic focused role ensuring operational realization is achieved. The successful candidate must be used to working within a fast paced manufacturing environment and operating to the highest standard. You must have strong numerical and analytical skills as well as prioritising capabilities with the ability to multitask and adjust to changing priorities in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
• Process Failure Mode Effect Analysis (PFMEA) generation to ensure relevant controls are adopted for all manufacturing processes.
• Support all Quality Response to Quality Control (QRQC) activities.
• Statistical evaluation where applicable on parts or components manufactured from process and the equipment used.
• Adopt, install and integrate Global Best practice into all processes and equipment.
• Provide technical standard, development and roll out.
• Delivery of Contract, gap closure management and ensuring Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) are achieved.
• Capex budget creation and management (record and monitor).
• Participate in cost reduction improvement activities (MTCR, BEST).
• Reference latest health and safety regulations and environmental guidelines to relevant machines and tooling specifications (must keep up to date knowledge of relevant regulations/guidelines).
• Knowledge and practice of PUWER 98.
• A Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
• Demonstrated experience within a similar role in the automotive industry.
• Have excellent computer literacy in Microsoft Office.
• Ability to lead by example and coach all team members.
• Strong capability of root cause analysis and problem solving using engineering tools and techniques.
• Budget management experience.
• Continuous improvement attitude.
• Ability to demonstrate a high level of compliance, regarding procedures and tasks.
• Self-management for completing tasks and ability to raise roadblocks in timely manner.
• Demonstrated experience regarding achievements and implementing significant changes.
• Sound knowledge of engineering, ideally in both electrical and mechanical automotive experience would be a great advantage.
• A clear understanding on Health and Safety and PUWER ensuring all equipment is safe and capable of raising any concerns.