Logistics Engineer - Automotive
|Job Title:||Logistics Engineer - Automotive|
|Salary:||Competitive + benefits|
|Contact Name:||Nick Green|
|Job Published:||July 16, 2018 11:57|
Our Automotive client are looking to recruit a Logistics Engineer at their site in Telford. As a business, they focus on supplying high end technology plastic engine components for the UK and European market. The large catalogue of components include full air induction systems, air filter elements, cylinder head covers and manifolds.
The key objective of the role is to analyse site wide activities, and identify gaps in performance / opportunities to improve.
- Manage customer packaging requirements at new product introduction.
- Define and cost inbound and outbound transport strategies.
- Create shopfloor packaging instructions.
- Support customer portal requirements for packaging changes.
- Map flow of materials across site to define best in class delivery processes including Minimum Reorder Points, Optimum Stock Levels, Packaging Densities and Indirect, Labour Utilisation.
- Link material requirements and production planning to flex stock levels and reduce line side inventory.
- Use and train 8 waste principles to highlight areas that can be improved.
- Use mathematical models to simulate improvements and allow cost benefits vs capital expenditure to be reviewed.
- Simulate employee movements, optimise flow and mathematically validate solutions.
Qualifications / Skills & Experience
- Degree in Manufacturing / Industrial Engineering or equivalent relevant qualification
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to summarise and present projects to senior management
- Manufacturing operations background, preferably automotive
- Competent user of Microsoft Office IT tools
- MTM Time Study Trained with industrial experience
- Proficient in Auto CAD
- Experience using Visio or similar Process Mapping Tools
- Training in relevant CI tools such as Yamazumi, Ishikawa, PPS, Man Machine Cycle Analysis.
- Involvement in shop floor layout alterations and work with engineering team to implement.
- Create action / timing plans that can be used to measure implementation progress.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Procurement Officer - Automotive / Motorsport
Competitive + benefits
Project Coordinator - Automotive / Motorsport
Competitive + benefits
Lead Studio Engineer
12 Month FTC
DVP Engineer – Interiors
Electrical Systems Engineer
£40-50k + Bonus + Bens