Expanding advanced engineering business is seeking a proven Linux Server Administrator to support it’s continued growth.
The Linux Server Administrator Role reports to the Head of IT. Primary responsibility of the Linux Server Administrator Role is to maintain the integrity of the companies IT Linux based enterprise architecture with technical solutions by way of governance and change management, and to provide overall architectural ownership of the deployed solutions, and strategic technology guidance for future developments The role will also include providing third line support of the IT Linux Server estate and applications supported by the IT Infrastructure team.
- To develop, provide input to and deliver the Lotus strategy for all IT Linux systems and core open source applications within the business as it embarks on a significant period of growth and utilisation of advanced technology solutions. Providing expert level support for internal environment.
- This role is a key member of the IT technical team for Lotus and point of contact within the group organisation.
- This role enables involvement in presentations and meetings with Senior management positions.
- Ability to deliver technical solutions and systems in business language.
- Regular technical review of system performance and availability.
- Detailed understanding of Linux operating systems, technology, management tools and core open source applications, to enable innovative use and progressive improvements of performance and functionality.
Ideal proven ability:
- Wide experience in administering IT systems, providing 3rd line support, within medium/large environments
- Experience with dealing with outsourcing partners and multiple specialist support organisations
- Linux operating systems distributions e.g. Centos 7.4
- Linux middleware – Nginx 1.8.1
- Linux middleware – Rabbitmq 3.5
- Development languages – Java 1.8+, html5, java script
- Good communications skills with all levels of the business.
- Self starter
- Capable organiser with some man-management and presentation skills experience.
Nice to have:
- BSc Degree or Equivalent computer studies
- Professional IT qualification
- ITIL v3 foundation qualification
- System/Solutions architecture
- Design/Consultancy role for systems integrator/VAR
- Windows operating systems 2012 onwards
- Oracle database management on Linux – 11.2.0
- Team leader
- Strong leadership skills