Lead Product Development Engineer
|Job Title:||Lead Product Development Engineer|
|Salary:||£37-45k + Bonus + Good Benefits|
|Contact Name:||David Watts|
|Job Published:||March 29, 2018 14:15|
Our client is looking for an electronics engineer who can be part of a product development team within a new product environment.
The role will be primarily supplier-facing, managing multiple suppliers and manufacturers in both high and low-cost countries, overcoming cultural and language barriers to deliver a new product in time for market. The position also extends to supporting their customers as needed.
You’ll be providing both product design and project management capability and assist the Product Development Team in upgrades and new product design, development & verification of the product portfolio.
This position will be predominantly at product level, requiring good understanding of defining and managing requirements, electronic & mechanical design, product verification and validation. The role requires the utilisation of cutting edge technologies and engineering methods.
You’ll ideally have knowledge of automotive electronics design standards and quality control principles.
• Lead and support the various tasks within the PD team in its day to day work
• Support research and development of innovative technologies and products
• Requirements and engineering specification creation
• Review and approval of technical documentation
• Supplier acquisition, liaison and management & negotiation improving profitability
• Lead product verification and validation
• Product quality improvements and upgrades providing cost savings and implementing Total Quality Cost Management where applicable.
• Product technical support primarily to Engineering colleagues and internal customers
• Preparation of detailed electronic schematics and component technical drawings
• Mechanical interface and design
• Aid the sales and engineering team in translating customer requirements into technical solutions
• Support the engineering team in the development of its working practices and processes achieve better efficiency
• Optical knowledge and image processing and recognition using CCD, CMOS, IR and related technologies
• Video and audio signal and processing e.g. composite video, RGB, digital formats
• Analogue and digital circuit design and development, including micro processing and digital signal processing
• Software & hardware interface and software engineering
• Digital communication protocol e.g. I2C, SPI, RS232 etc
• Digital signal processing
• PCB level troubleshooting and product fault finding
• LCD interface and panel design
• Hard Disk Drive, solid state drive and flash memory
• Implement design for manufacturing
• Lean manufacturing techniques helping our supplier base develop efficiencies
• Bachelor of Engineering in Electronics product development or similar
• 8 years Industry practical experience with electronics product development
• Project Engineering/Systems Engineering approach
• Knowledge of analogue and digital electronics including micro processing, DSP, video signal processing
• Knowledge of camera, optics, acoustics, LCD’s and digital recording technologies
• Team Leadership qualities
• Knowledgeable of modern automotive electronic architecture communication systems
• Computer application skills: AutoCAD 2D, Electronic circuit simulation programs
• Mandarin or Cantonese language skills
This would suit an electronics engineer who has seen a few products through from concept to delivery, strong leading, driving and co-ordination skills who can take responsibility. If you have excellent communication skills, enjoy working at the systems level & are looking to lead others then this is the role for you.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's