You'll be working as part of the ‘Active Product Development Team’ – This team is responsible for all aspects of active product development; overseeing industrial design, mechanical design, Acoustics, Transducer design, electronics, DSP etc. right through to manufacturing. This role requires a cross-discipline engineering skillset covering the holistic development of active wireless headphones. This includes expertise in headphone acoustics, mechanics, electronics and the ergonomics of headphones that will enable you to maintain overall oversight of the development of our headphone products.
• The main goals of the role are to:
o Direct and participate in the engineering of headphone products
o Maintain the reputation for high-performance headphones
o Ensure the projects meet performance expectations, deadlines and cost targets
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Lead the overall development of wireless, ANC headphones
• Lead the acoustic design of the headphones, both at a system and custom-transducer level
• To have oversight of the mechanical and acoustic design and electronics integration
• Have overall responsibility for the tuning of the products.
• Ensure the final product meets the industrial design intent and comfort requirements.
• Work alongside and guide chosen design and manufacturing partners.
• Collaborate with the ANC engineer to ensure the best possible ANC design.
• Write the detailed product specifications.
• Alongside a cross-disciplinary team work to define new products.
• Work with the Quality teams to ensure product is manufacturable and reliable
• Collaborate with the software team to ensure the product’s operation meets specification.
• Track and organise workload.
• Travel - some of these duties will involve travel to support a world-wide team and external suppliers
• Bachelors/Masters degree in a relevant field.
• Experience from a product development environment within the audio industry.
• Deep understanding of transducer design and headphone system acoustics
• Experience of audio system tuning through critical listening and measurement
• Experience of measuring headphones and interpreting the results
• Experience operating test equipment such as audio-analysers, oscilloscopes, multimeters, dummy-heads etc.
• Understanding of headphone ergonomics
• Experience using MATLAB
• Good written and verbal communication skills.
• Understanding and experience of mechanical design and materials and manufacturing methods
• Experience with electronics and electronics design
• Experience of working with RF engineers
Benefits package includes:
• Competitive Salary
• 25 Days + Bank Holidays
• Pension (5% employee, 5% employer)
• Life assurance
• Discounted products
• Free food