Lead Engineer – Seating and Restraint Systems
Electric performance brand, determined to improve the society we live in. Our focus is on uncompromised design and technology. We constantly redefine the norm and challenge ourselves to shine. Passion and emotion drive us, electricity and innovation drive our cars. Our products are excellent, efficient and entertaining.
Seeking and experienced Lead Engineer – Seating and Restraint Systems.
• Responsible for the delivery of Seating Systems or Restraint Systems from concept through to production.
• Project scoping at concept stage.
• Creation and management of System functional specifications.
• Creation and management of System Engineering Statement of Work (ESoW).
• Support RFI and RFQ process with purchasing including generation of related engineering documentation.
• Ownership of System DFMEA(s).
• Management of suppliers through Pre-nomination concept stage.
• Management of suppliers from nomination through to production.
• Ensure legal compliance, in coordination with suppliers and homologation teams, for all systems for all regions where the vehicles are to be delivered.
• System Integration of Seating and Restraint Systems into the full vehicle environment.
• Responsible for system validation.
• Support physical testing when required. Component / Sub-system / System Crash.
• Manage the CAD packaging with both the Supplier(s) and internal teams.
• Create design proposals & concepts, and to participate in decisions regarding engineering changes and design direction.
Qualifications, skills and Experience
• Degree in Engineering, or related technical field or equivalent relevant experience.
• Experience in the integration of complex Interior systems into a full vehicle environment.
• Have a working knowledge of Catia V5
• A sound knowledge and understanding of engineering design principles including DFM, DFA, DFMEA, DVP.
• Customer focused
• Able to work on a self-initiated basis and in a team environment
• Knowledge, and an understanding of, systems engineering and system development process methodology.
• Understanding of vehicle packaging and occupant ergonomics
• Experience of vehicle development for North American market.
• Comfortable and competent in the management of System suppliers.
• Must be commercially aware.
• Experienced in the management of Chinese suppliers and Chinese OEM’s
• Experience of business travel in EU and China
• A willingness for future frequent business travel and also extended periods of travel to China around vehicle launch.
CV's to firstname.lastname@example.org