Lead Engineer Dimensional Verification
£Neg + benefits
Duties / Responsibilities (Including Objectives of the role):
To own and drive dimensional quality activities in support of new Lotus product. This role is specifically to focus on whole vehicle dimensional activites during project delivery and ensuring continuous improvement in production. The future for this buisness is very bright and very ambitious. This role will provide the candidate the opportunity to be instrumental in the quality uplift of products that the business desires. The role will allow the candidate to shape the way we work and implement their own ideas / processes based on previous best practice experience.
- Lead cross functional team to define the Dimensional strategy to ensure ‘best in class’ dimensional accuracy and capability
- Vehicle dimensional target setting, progress tracking and achievement
- Define and lead new product cubing / part maturation process and ‘fit to nominal exercises’
- Support Manufacturing Engineering with industrialisation phase i.e. facility layout / flows within T&F build areas ensuring Quality requirements are understood (including external partners/suppliers where appropriate).
- Research, propose and implement appropriate technological measurement techniques to provide quality data from both in process and off line measurement.
- Definition and ownership of internal measurement plans for new product, working closely with manufacturing Engineering to deliver.
- Support engineering design reviews and section book reviews.
- Supporting Perceived Quality team to develop gap & flush targets, providing basic tolerance stack analysis support to ensure feasibility.
- Conduct virtual assessments of engineering design throughout development phase to ensure target achievement.
- Plan & lead body matching activities during pre-production phases, ensuring all issues are captured and fed back into engineering / supplier for resolution
- Responsible monitoring & reporting (mass production) of vehicle dimensional accuracy
- Clear business reporting of dimensional status and corrective action progress
- Lead continuous improvement (CI) activities using Lean Six Sigma Methodology to identify areas for improvement and deliver business objectives
- Set up CI forum to review SPC / CMM data identifying where out of specification points exist. Perform trend analysis on statistical data to instigate actions when breaks in conventions exists or out of specifications points are identified. Identifying appropriate actions and owners to resolve concerns identified.
Qualifications and Experience (Essential & Desirable criteria)
- HNC minimum in an automotive engineering discipline
- Must have experience of automotive assembly techniques / systems either as OEM or Tier 1 supplier. Must be able to demonstrate application of engineering quality tools & techniques
- High level of dimensional and geometrical knowledge. Working knowledge of statistical control tools & techniques. Six sigma Green belt certified
- Automotive engineering quality tools within vehicle programmes
- Analytical, structured, confident, with good communication skills. Must be able to work alone and as part of a small team
- Working knowledge of vehicle body systems.