In this varied and key position, you’ll be working as a key member of the engineering team, co-ordinating the day-to-day engineering work of a new product development project and directly supporting the Head of Engineering on new application and product development activities.
Some of your key responsibilities will include things like:
• Leading the co-ordination of day-to-day engineering activities for a next generation of products, taking information from and being supported by highly-skilled electrical, mechanical and performance engineering teams.
• Taking ownership of requirements definition and capture for new product development.
• Working with sub-contractors and suppliers to ensure specifications are fully understood.
• Taking ownership of engineering initiatives or work-packages on new product or new application development.
• Involved in ensuring engineering process understanding and adherence across the business.
• Supporting development and maintenance of appropriate documentation of design including, BOM, drawings, and procedures.
• Incorporating design for manufacture and assembly in all their designs.
• Assisting redesign of existing products to reduce cost / improve performance / extend service intervals / optimise reliability
To apply for this position you should be able to demonstrate:
• BEng / MEng 2:1 minimum in mechanical, electromechanical, automotive, aerospace or power engineering from a leading university. A postgraduate qualification is desirable.
• Post-degree experience of mechanical or electromechanical engineering design experience in a relevant industry.
• Background: Industries may include energy, renewables, automotive, aerospace, industrial (process) etc…
• Outstanding communication skills and a team player
• Good general technical understanding of mechanical and/or mechanical and electrical engineering.
• Strong analytical ability and a clear thinker.
• Ability to assimilate and analyse large amounts of data quickly.
• Understanding of Engineering systems, process, best practice.
• Understanding of engineering drawings, tolerances and geometric tolerancing.
• Experience and good understanding of component specification and integration.
• General understanding of materials selection.
• An understanding of manufacturing processes such as casting, machining and fabrication.
• Experience with CAD such as Solidworks.
• Experience of product/engineering change request systems, Bills of materials and MRP/ERP systems.
Any interest in power generation or high speed rotating machinery and their integration (turbomachinery, electrical machines, power electronics), or experience with generator set applications would be desirable.
This position would suit a recent graduate who has spent a year or so in industry. This client is looking for a engineer they can develop and help become a Systems Engineer over the next 2-3 years.
• Company Pension Scheme
• Company bonus
• Life Assurance
• Health Insurance
• Cycle to Work Scheme
• Childcare Vouchers
• 27 days holidays per year plus bank holidays
• Employee Assistance Program
• Free parking on site
• 4.5 day week