This is a really nice opportunity for a Junior Test Engineer or Graduate to join a growing design and manufacturing company in the Portsmouth area. This company recently received major investment and have secured one of their biggest projects to date.
Overall purpose of the job:
Perform test engineering work packages as part of the company's internal or customer projects.
1. Engineer short and long-term tests of composite pipe.
2. Manage suppliers of test equipment and 3rd party test houses to enable the efficient execution of test activities both internally and externally.
3. Participate in the development of testing methods (including instrumentation) to facilitate greater understanding of composite pipe structural performance.
4. Prepare test procedures, analyse test data and write test reports to clearly communicate the objectives, methods and results of test campaigns.
5. Provide support to Business Development, by proposing appropriate testing methodologies to develop solutions for the Oil and Gas Industry.
Job knowledge & experience:
* Education – Degree in relevant engineering discipline such as Mechanical Engineering
* Experience – 6 months in industry.
* Technical Skills – knowledge of test methodologies used for composites structures, knowledge of different instrumentation methods, good report writing skills, familiarity with SolidWorks or other CAD packages, data processing experience in Excel or similar software packages, subsea engineering experience
* Interpersonal Skills – energy and enthusiasm for tackling challenging engineering problems, team player, good communication skills.
• Bonus – up to 10%
• Company Pension Scheme
• Private Health Insurance for family
• 25 days holidays per year plus bank holidays
• Free parking