Honda Racing F1 are seeking a Junior Process Engineer to join their growing team in Milton Keynes. This role will be responsible for process design, operation and implementation in a new production facility. The successful candidate will be able to improve industrial processes in order to maintain efficiency, reduce cost, and time. This is an exciting opportunity to work in Motorsport industry on the technology of the future in fast-paced challenging environment.
• Initiating and implementing process, product controls and improvements to support the project.
• Support Welding & Process Engineer to understanding controlling factors, improving process uptime and creating standard operating procedures in support of improvements to the quality system.
• Testing of new equipment, commissioning new tooling after installation, and associated planning activities.
• Any other duties as reasonably request by the Company.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
• Degree in Mechanical/Material Engineering , or equivalent qualification or experience.
• Practical engineering background with knowledge in industrial process control, continuous improvement and lean manufacturing methods.
• Strong analytical skills, a methodical and structured approach and knowledge of manufacturing tools including statistical analytics, FMEA, control plans and the application of problem solving methods such as Root Cause Analysis techniques.
• Exposure to manufacturing process systems, including quality, process tracking, efficiency and reliability measurement and analysis tools.
• A strong focus on quality, ability to quickly identify key priorities and work towards effective solutions.
• Knowledge of controlling factors, minimising waste, improving process up-time and creating
• A strong influencer, able to work effectively with cross functional colleagues and customers to achieve business goals.
• Analytical with high level of attention to detail
• Self-motivated and competitive
• High integrity
• Problem solving and decision making skills
• Flexible and able to plan, prioritise and manage own workload/projects
• Excellent document presentational skills