Our Automotive client are looking to recruit an Industrial Engineer at their site in Telford. As a business, they focus on supplying high end technology plastic engine components for the UK and European market. The large catalogue of components include full air induction systems, air filter elements, cylinder head covers and manifolds.
The key objective of the role is analyse site wide activities, and identify gaps in performance / opportunities to improve.
• Perform time studies identify waste and optimise labour efficiency.
• Evaluate process flow to ensure NVA content is minimised.
• Communicate opportunities and work within the operational teams to develop most efficient ways to use people, machines, materials, information, and energy to make a product or service.
• Map flow of materials across site to define best in class delivery processes including Minimum Reorder Points, Optimum Stock Levels, Packaging Densities and Indirect Labour Utilisation.
• Link material requirements and production planning to flex stock levels and reduce line side inventory.
• Use and train 8 waste principles to highlight areas that can be improved.
• Use mathematical models to simulate improvements and allow cost benefits vs capital expenditure to be reviewed.
• Prepare shop floor layout alterations and work with engineering team to implement.
• Create action / timing plans that can be used to measure implementation progress.
• Ensure compliance with all Health, Safety and Environmental legislation, Company policies and procedures.
• Degree in Manufacturing / Industrial Engineering or equivalent relevant qualification
• Skills and Experience
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Able to summarise and present projects to senior management
• Manufacturing operations background, preferably automotive
• Competent user of Microsoft Office IT tools
• MTM Time Study Trained with industrial experience
• Proficient in Auto CAD
• Experience using Visio or similar Process Mapping Tools
• Training in relevant CI tools such as Yamazumi, Ishikawa, PPS, Man Machine Cycle Analysis.