Human Factors & Insights Engineer
|Job Title:||Human Factors & Insights Engineer|
|Salary:||£negotiable depending on experience|
|Contact Name:||Gemma Feist|
|Job Published:||August 04, 2021 16:01|
Human Factors & Insights Engineer
£Competitive Salary and Benefits
Our high technology innovative R&D company in Wiltshire are looking to recruit a Human Factors & Insights Engineer on a permanent basis.
We offer a unique opportunity for talented individuals to invent, design and develop world class products for all global markets. By working in our world-class Research and Development facility, these individuals have the opportunity to work alongside leading technical specialists and highly motivated creative people, to invent and iterate products which fulfil our ambition of solving the problems that others choose to ignore.
As a Human Factors & Insights Engineer you will work within the NPD Haircare Team (Performance Validation) to apply your skills and experience to invent technologies that enhance the company’s technical and user centric advantage far into the future. This role is a globally facing role, bridging the Engineering and consumer centric expertise.
The ‘voice of the customer’ is an intrinsic part of product development, as it informs product specification and supports iterative development. The role will be focused on trying to understand individual markets and gathering feedback from consumers, while supporting the team with implementing these insights in product development.
It is a people focused engineering role, so we are looking for an outwardly people focused person with excellent collaborative skill sets. As we are a global company, some of the research will be taking place in various markets around the world, so the candidate must be willing to travel.
• Gain a solid knowledge of Qualitative and Quantitative research techniques.
• Ability to plan and organise user studies independently, liaising with internal relevant teams and external market research agencies, manage participants recruitment, discussion guide generation and briefing moderators.
• Work closely with Design Managers, Mechanistics, Insights, Commercial and Quality in developing critical to customer requirements and consumer satisfaction requirements.
• Ability to generate robust data collection methods, analyse the data, and apply the findings in the product development.
• Good analytical and problem-solving ability.
• Good communication and presentation skills.
• An understanding of core engineering processes and tools.
As a Human Factors & Insights Engineer you will cover a broad spectrum of skills and abilities. We don’t expect you to be an incoming expert in all aspects below, however if you have an inquisitive mind-set and a willingness to learn, we will support you with training and technical development. To realise our ambitions for this role, it will be advantageous to have experience in one or more of the following skillsets:
• Solid knowledge of Human Factors engineering techniques.
• Good understanding of Human Centred Design.
• Anthropometric and ergonomics knowledge.
• Good knowledge of usability testing techniques.
• Background Psychology, sociology and human behaviour.
• Moderation skills.
• Experience in an analytical role and providing insight and recommendation based on analysis.
• Some experience of using analytical tools and data modelling.
• At least a Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
To apply please send an MS Word formatted version of your CV across for our review and consideration.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's