Leading Scientific Research business is seeking a proven Senior Program Manager for a Head Program Delivery opportunity.
You will be responsible for the delivery of programs and projects with particular focus on achieving excellent execution of experimental campaigns’ workflow. You will attend the technical planning sessions to advise on achievable timelines and optimal sequencing from a delivery perspective. You will then be responsible to coordinate multi-talented resources to successfully execute the projects in the agreed time.
Continuous improvement is an important aspect they require the Head of Program Delivery to focus on. You will identify areas for improvement, propose solutions and implement them in collaboration with the other managers.
The role reports in the COO; offers a high degree of autonomy and the opportunity for you to play a significant role in the success of the business.
Responsibilities will include:
- Communicating with and coordinating key stakeholders at multiple levels across the organisation.
- Develop and track work to a detailed project plan, including schedules, resource plans, and issue resolution plans.
- Manage project deliverables and coordinate project progress.
- Enhance performance through continuous improvement and transformation activities.
- Make decisions and recommendations to directors about schedules, prioritisation, and resource allocation with input from others as needed.
Ideal proven ability:
- Degree in Engineering or in a scientific discipline.
- Experience of executing cutting-edge technology plans in complex environments involving design, manufacturing, and testing of R&D components.
- Experience in leading a collaborative, dynamic planning process - prioritising the work that needs to be done against the capacity and capability of multidisciplinary teams.
- Experience in agile organisations.
- Proven ability to challenge and remove any unnecessary barriers to projects’ delivery.
- Ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines.
- Excellent organisation and communication skills Desirable
- Project management experience and/or qualifications.