14 days ago
Salary / Rate:
Our Automotive Tier 1 Supplier client are currently seeking an Environmental, Health & Safety Section Leader for a short term, 3 month contract.
The key objective of the role is to control and promote Environmental, Health & Safety management on applicable sites. This role will primarily be based in Llanelli however, responsibility will also include their R&D centre in Bedfordshire.
As it is a short term contract, applicants will need to be available for an immediate start.
• Promote the highest standards of Environmental, Health & Safety (EHS) practices, encouraging awareness and an attitude of Zero injuries and environmental incidents across all sites,
• Advise and support line management, trade union representatives and employees by providing information and advice in all areas of EHS legal compliance, and interface with EHS government departments or other related external parties,
• Advise line management and trade union representatives on the implementation of policies, procedures & standards issued by Group Environmental, Health & Safety,
• Introduce and maintain the Health & Safety Management system to ISO 45001 accreditation standard,
• Maintain the Environmental Management System to ISO 14001 accreditation standard,
• Prepare and maintain all documentation associated with the EHS management systems and host all external audit visits,
• Prepare and facilitate management review of the EHS Management Systems,
• Develop and monitor performance against EHS targets and objectives, which are set by Group EHS policy and local EHS management system requirements,
• Investigate all EHS incidents and near misses, identifying corrective and preventative actions and follow up their implementation, recording necessary information onto an incident reporting database,
• Use statistical data and investigation information to produce reports for internal and external audiences,
• Must be qualified to NEBOSH Diploma in Occupational Health & Safety level.
• Qualified to NVQ3 or NEBOSH Environmental Certificate level or a willingness to work towards gaining one.
• Ideally hold experience within a similar role, gained in a fast moving, automotive manufacturing environment.
• Must be able to demonstrate experience of working within the requirements of accredited EHS Management Systems.
• Have a working knowledge of European EHS legislation and/or experience of working within another European manufacturing site outside of the UK would be desirable.
• A Behavioural Based Safety qualification would be desirable.
• An EHS auditing qualification would be desirable.