Our Automotive OEM client are seeking a Gasoline Calibration Engineer to join their team in the West Midlands.
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE JOB;
• To develop Gasoline EMS Calibrations to meet legislative emissions and business vehicle characteristic requirements for a range of engines using PFI and GDI fuel systems, both naturally aspirated and turbocharged.
• Able to assist with PT project planning and proposals under consideration and equally be a pro-active team member within Powertrain Integration leading and/or assisting in the implementation of new process improvements to ensure competitiveness and success moving forward
• Reporting to Snr Manager for Gasoline EMS Calibration activity.
• Assist the PTI Snr Manager with status reports and appropriate completed sign off documentation for the respective allotted vehicle programme.
• Support weekly team meetings and technical reviews.
• Deliver Powertrain EMS calibration development in vehicle, on chassis rolls and engine dynamometer internally or externally to UK operation as required.
• Assist Ride and Drive events and perform competitor benchmarking activities.
• Assist in developing EMS calibration sign off criteria.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED
• At least 5 years’ experience within a Vehicle Calibration delivery team, either with OEM or a consultancy.
• Minimum HND in Mechanical Engineering or similar relevance.
• Good working knowledge of Bosch EMS and ETAS INCA toolset. MATLAB experience desirable.
• Knowledge of European emissions legislation.