Functional Safety Engineer
Our Motorcycle client located in Leicester has a brand new permanent opportunity for a Functional Safety Engineer to join the small team working collaboratively with the Lead Engineer & Chief Engineer applying all Functional Safety throughout the business.
The hiring manager is ideally looking for a Functional Safety Engineer or can consider a Systems Engineer that has functional safety knowledge and exposure including software / HW development with good understanding of approaching and applying functional safety to products and the overall business.
To allow for the introduction of new and exciting automotive technology across the business' range of motorcycles, the Electrical department is expanding and is looking to bring in talented, passionate and driven engineers, to support future model development.
The Functional Safety Engineer will join the Electrical & Electronics Systems team to help ensure electrical systems are developed to meet the company’s stringent standards and the Functional Safety lifecycle.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support cross-functional teams on functional safety matters across the entire V-cycle:
- Process development
- Concept design
- System Design
- Agreement and maintenance of DIA’s with worldwide suppliers
- Generation of safety Cases
- Application areas include but are not limited to engine management systems, chassis systems such as ABS, electronic suspension & body control modules, HMI systems and cyber security.
- Promote Functional Safety across the Business
- Support the development of best practice working procedures for functional safety activities.
- Audit supplier processes and confirm deliverables.
You must hold a BEng or MEng degree in Electrical / Electronic engineering, Systems Engineering or Safety Engineering along with proven relevant experience, ideally Automotive, or possibly Aerospace / Defence industries.
You will also demonstrate experience in the ISO26262 (or similar standard) lifecycle through concept, system, hardware and software design or the willingness to learn and undertake training.
You must be eligible to work in the UK to apply for this position.