Functional Safety Engineer
My client is a global automotive supply company providing hardware and engineering services to OEMs around the world. Its UK based engineering division is a leading supplier of engineering and vehicle development services to major automotive OEMs and a growing number of niche vehicle manufacturers.
Specialties include suspension systems, vehicle dynamics, mechanisms and mechatronics.
They are seeking to recruit a Functional Safety Engineer with a range of skills to join the growing team delivering OEM and niche vehicle projects.
Key areas of responsibility:
- Support cross-functional teams on functional safety matters across the entire V-cycle. Application areas include but are not limited to transmission systems, active suspension, body control modules, HMI systems and aerodynamic systems.
- Act as single point of accountability for specific project delivery in the Functional Safety team, and provide input where required to projects carried out by the projects teams.
- Create and maintain formal documents, including HARA, Safety Plan, FSC, TSC, FMEA, Safety Case and DIA.
- Develop best practice working procedures to support functional safety activities.
- Carry out Functional Safety audits when required.
- Change management, including Impact Analysis.
- Provide integrity and enforce appropriate standards in a time critical environment.
- Recognise risks and hazards.
Education and experience:
- Evidence of ISO26262 certification and training & (Or) A detailed understanding of ISO 26262.
- University degree in Electrical/Electronic/Mechatronics desirable.
- Experience with Vehicle Manufacturers, Tier 1 or Tier 2 Automotive Suppliers.
- Previous experience in a functional safety role working in accordance with a relevant international standard (e.g. ISO 26262, IEC 61508).
- Ability to conduct and review Hazard Analysis & Risk Assessments (HARA), Fault Tree Analyses (FTA), Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA) etc.
- Experience of using Medini Analyze or similar software products for requirements management.
- Awareness of project management fundamentals.