18 days ago
Salary / Rate:
Midlands - Perm -
Key Objectives & Responsibilities:
We’re adamant that meticulous planning and monitoring is fundamental to successfully delivering our innovative products to market.
Solid-line reporting to the Head of Vehicle Line, you’ll be embedded within our Electrical Functional Group in order to aid the planning and delivery of their work. You’ll need to form strong working relationships with the Chief Engineer and Principal Engineers in that team and you’ll stay closely linked with the other Programme Managers so that activities are aligned to overall vehicle delivery.
By co-ordinating Engineering, Purchasing, Manufacturing, Quality and Finance activities, you’ll assume responsibility for delivering the cost, quality and timing requirements relating to your commodity. Working with colleagues in UK, Sweden and China, you’ll ensure a successful launch by:
• Ensuring Supply, Logistics and Manufacturing needs are aligned across the programme
• Constructing and managing detailed timing plans from design release to SOP
• Managing BoM cost, investment & weight status to programme targets
• Mapping a plan to deliver vehicle attributes, recommending solutions where conflicts arise.
• Ensuring all inputs are provided to planning of pre-production builds
• Monitoring engineering completion & supplier selection, managing engineering change
• Co-ordinating changes to ensure the evolving design remains focussed and deliverable
You’ll be degree-qualified (or equivalent) with a minimum of 5 years relevant automotive experience. A track record of successful delivery in electrical/electronic commodities and software is a clear advantage, as is exposure to full vehicle build activities. Your application of Programme Management principles to complex projects in the automotive OEM or Tier 1 supply base will be clearly demonstrable.
If you believe you have what it takes to work at the heart of automotive innovation and would like to enjoy a competitive salary along with a private health care plan, life insurance, pension and 25 days holiday then we look forward to reviewing your application.