Automation Facilities Engineer (Battery Test Facility)
£Neg + benefit
Reporting to: Propulsion Facilities Manager
Roles and responsibilities
- Provide all technical support to Engineering team preparing the Propulsion Test Facilities to perform battery test activities according to customer requirements.
- Provide corrective and preventive maintenance on battery testing automation systems.
- Develop and improve test schedules for battery testing on automation systems.
- Conducts investigations and prepares reports to support investigations related to the battery testing facilities.
- Identify failures and suggest modifications to battery testing systems.
- Provide all technical support and training for the battery testing staff
- Assure all instruments are calibrated and generating reliable data
- BSc in engineering fields. Ideally related to electrical and/or electronic areas.
- (MSc in the automotive or electrical field would be an advantage).
- (17th/18th Edition Wiring Regulations would be an advantage).
- Must have experience working with automation systems used in automotive testing such as Horiba STARS, AVL PUMA, AVL Lynx or Kratzer PAtools.
- Familiar with CAN and Flexray network communications protocol.
- Experience with AC and DC High Voltage systems (up to 1000V) together with all Health and Safety measures associated.
- Experience with test instrumentation including thermocouples and pressure transducers.
- Should be familiar to test bed main controls including PID tuning, actuators, and BMS.
- Should be familiar with National Instruments products.
- (Experience with VECTOR tools like CANalyzer and CANoe is highly desirable).
- (Battery testing environment familiarity is highly desirable).
- (Automotive background is desirable).
- Understanding of Inverter Drive Cabinets architecture.
- Strong wiring diagram interpretation skills.
- Demonstrate strong organizational skills mostly when handling large amounts ofdata.
- Able to demonstrate fault finding skills on automation systems such as Horiba STARS, AVL PUMA, AVL Lynx or Kratzer PAtools.
- Aptitude to repair electrical and mechanical systems including chillers and climatic devices.
- Accurate Health and Safety driven mentality.
- Good understanding of computer networks.
- Strong computer skills particularly in MS Excel.
- (Software coding and scripting skills are highly desirable).
- Willing to undergo a Criminal Disclosure check