Engineering Lead- Cabin Interior
Gerrell & Hard Ltd are proud to be working in partnership with a client who encourages employees to think differently, challenge convention and be unafraid to make mistakes. They are creative, collaborative, practical and enthusiastic.
This role sits within the Interiors team of the Automotive function.
• Define component/system level targets based a combination of programme attribute targets, legal requirements, specific/generic design guidelines, and industry standard/best practice
• Presentation of design concepts to management
• Concept and supplier selection via structured process
• Ensure failure mode avoidance (FMA) tools and processes (e.g. DFMEA) are applied to all components/systems
• Lead the management of external suppliers to deliver attribute targets
• Lead engineering decision making towards issue resolution
• Control the development of CAD data level maturity and compatibility via the “Virtual Series”
• Releasing of finished designs through internal releasing system to agreed timing milestones
• Ownership of the Final Engineering Signoff (FESO) process and documents
• Control the component Design Verification Plan (DVP) - both internal and supplier testing
• Manage the design to financial targets – investment and material cost
• Ensure timely delivery of components to support pre-series build
• Monitoring and updating of components through the internal change management system.
• Monitor and input to quality maturation process via pre-production builds and quality sign off process
• Must be able to learn quickly and integrate into a successful and dynamic team
• Experienced in delivering relevant automotive component / system within OEM / Tier 1
• Engineering degree in relevant discipline • Knowledge of NX / TeamCenter would be an advantage
• Proficient in the use of office PC packages.
• Driving licence to be able to drive and assess company / comparator vehicles
Cv's to email@example.com