Engine Design Engineer (NX)
A leading automotive consultancy based in Northamptonshire is currently looking to recruit a number of Design Engineers - Engine on a contract or permanent basis.
- CAD design and release of drawings for a 24/7 production environment that requires an ongoing review and revision of existing equipment and assembly tools as well as supporting the implementation of processes and equipment for new parts. E.g. Tooling could be hand held press tools; Fixturing could be a Cylinder Head mounting for Seat and Guide insertion, up to an entire production cell layout with new equipment for a proposed manufacturing process.
- With other members of the Design Team, prepare 2D concept sections, 3D part models and 3D assembly models / drawings of engines.
- Provide high quality and imaginative component technical solutions to project requirements, under the guidance of a more senior engineer when necessary.
- Provide input data to CAE and other Engineering activities.
- Liaise with Head of Design and Project Management to ensure technical targets, program timings and budgetary requirements are met.
- Prepare and release designs for tooling and fixtures.
- Liaise with the Prototype Workshop to provide feasible design solutions and support workshop activities pre, during and post-vehicle build.
- Schedule own activities to provide engineering deliverables that meet required specifications within timescales and budgets.
- Plan and maintain progress in improving personal professional competence.
- Experience of engine design in an automotive OEM or Tier 1 supplier:
- A working knowledge of engine component function, Cylinder Heads, Crankcase Assembly is a requirement
- Unigraphics NX