6 months ago
Salary / Rate:
Competitive + benefits
Are you looking to work at the cutting edge in advanced automotive powertrain technologies? Our client are currently looking to recruit an Emissions Engineer. This is a chance to develop your career at a truly global business offering a unique combination of support capabilities for powertrain test & development - Engine, transmission, hybrid, software, operating strategy all from one source. With the greater need for reduced fuel consumption and emissions, the need for advanced engine technologies has never been greater. The key purpose of this role is to provide engineering and specifically emissions support to the Build & Test Department.
• Assist with the investigation, analysis and resolution of emissions equipment failures.
• Coordinate service contracts for emissions related equipment.
• Prepare technical instructions, procedures and manuals to support emissions related equipment.
• Provide project management support and assist with the preparation of quotations.
• Support cross function emissions strategy meetings.
• Research, recommend and prepare justifications for investment in new technologies.
• Provide support and suggestions for continuous department improvement.
• Liaise with existing clients and assist in developing new business.
Skills and Experience
• A BEng in Mechanical or Automotive Engineering is desirable
• ONC/HNC in Mechanical Engineering coupled with 6-8 years’ experience / A Mechanical Engineering Apprenticeship coupled with relevant years’ experience.
• Experience of engineering, preferably gained within an automotive environment is essential, with a good understanding of engine / vehicle testing and development.
• Detailed knowledge of emissions legislation.
• Detailed knowledge of Horiba analysers