Senior Design Engineer Electronic Control Systems
Our client is a British OEM and is famous for building iconic motorcycles. Through bold design, purposeful engineering and a genuine passion for the ride, they create distinctive motorcycles and aim to make the best in the world.
Due to growth and development of the business our client is recruiting an Senior Design Engineer to work in the Electronic Control Systems team.
This role will involve systems design across a wide range of functions (including the capturing, elicitation and management of requirements) and working closely with worldwide base of suppliers to ensure the technological requirements for the next generation of motorcycles are met.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design of Electronic Control Systems for use in chassis, powertrain, suspension or HMI systems. Consideration given to specific areas or more general systems design.
- Design, verify and validate systems to meet Functional Safety Goals.
- Support generation of Safety Cases.
- Model systems for approval with product planning.
- Elicit and manage requirements.
- Design for re-use across multiple models and variants.
- High level design and specification of a wide variety of electrical / electronic components.
- Regular liaison with project managers, manufacturing departments and chassis / powertrain / EDS / Functional Safety teams.
- Work with existing worldwide suppliers and identify potential new suppliers to ensure timely introduction of new ECU’s.
- Review of technical reports.
- Continually improvement to advance design procedures, advise best practice and improve efficiency.