Our F1 client are seeking an Electrical Test Engineer to work within their Energy Storage System (ESS) development and production teams.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work in the fast paced and dynamic world of F1, you will be responsible for proofing out design concepts by testing components of the ESS pack, cooling system, HV system and battery monitoring system.
You will be providing feedback of test results and advice to the design team, as well as designing and testing electrical parts (including harness and PCB) of the ESS programme. Finally, you will take responsibility for the test rig and garage equipment for ESS (e.g. Off-Board Charger, System Checker and Cooling Rig, etc).
• Testing prototype components or systems of the ESS pack.
• Creating test rig and measurement system for obtaining test results
• Liaising with other technical groups, suppliers for cell & power electronics and the partners of chassis team
• Feedback to design team or development team about the test result.
• Investigate any fault on ESS pack at development, production, sign-off process, and used on the race car.
• Designing and testing electrical parts of ESS pack and ERS parts including looms.
• Designing and testing of the test rig and garage equipment for ESS pack
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
• Development experience of high voltage battery ( 200 – 1000V DC) monitoring unit
• Development experience of high voltage safety components (Fuse, contactor, relay)
• A minimum of 3 years demonstrable experience in an automotive or similar engineering environment, with a focus on EV and hybrid vehicle technologies
• Experience of design and test for automotive project