A large worldwide company with a global customer base, our client provides engineering solutions in actuation, to a wide customer base, predominantly the power, water and sewage industries. They manufacture electric valve actuators and gearboxes, from German factories.
The UK office assembles from sub-assemblies, whilst providing maintenance, repair and retrofit service for the UK and Irish market. Due to increased workload and expansion the UK subsidiary requires an additional service engineer.
There will be a requirement to travel through the UK and Ireland, with overnight stays as required.
You’ll be providing onsite and workshop based support, repair, service and installation of the Companies’ range of products.
To apply you’ll need:
• Full clean UK driving licence
• There needs to be a willingness to travel, and stay away from home.
• Overtime will be required, generally during a weekday, but with occasional weekends.
• The engineer needs to be fit and healthy as some elements of this job involve some heavy manual handling
• Work at heights, i.e. power station cooling towers, may be requested.
• Confined space working will be required, a 3-day training course will be required.
Technical Skills Required:
• Electrical; 3-phase motor controls, electrical connection, earthing/bonding,
• Electronic; fault finding, wiring diagrams
• Computer and IT; office suite, windows software, and company specific software
• Mechanical; fitting and engineering,
• Valves; identification and operation, adaptation requirements for actuation
• PLC and Control systems; ability to follow site wiring connections, and interpret drawings
Most product specific tools will be supplied, with the engineer expected to supply and maintain other standard tools as required.
37.5hrs/week. Lots of overtime available, typically 20hrs per month, not uncommon for up to 40hrs to be worked. A fair estimate of £6k+ in overtime is realistic. Working a 9 day fortnight, (alternate Fridays off as a rest day).
Benefits Package includes:
• 4 weeks holiday, up to 5 weeks after 5yrs
• Health Insurance Scheme
• Sick Pay Scheme
• Company Van
• Lunch Allowance
• Evening meals and accommodation covered for staying away