Dynamic engineering business with a diverse range of capabilities is seeking a proven Electrical Design Engineer able to specify and design LV and HV electrical systems for applications related to the electric and hybrid vehicle sector.
Now carrying out a wide range of exciting projects with niche vehicle manufacturers, tier 1 suppliers and OEM’s in automotive and increasingly in other sectors
Nature of Work for the Electrical Design Engineer includes but not limited to:
- The design and implementation of rechargeable high power battery packs (<800VDC) and associated energy distribution, motor drive and protection systems.
- The design of low voltage (12-24VDC) control systems and installation harness.
- Reviewing and contributing to customer/internal project requirement documents.
Ideal knowledge, Skills & Abilities of the Electrical Design Engineer:
- Previous experience in the preparation of electrical schematics using dedicated electrical design software (Zuken E3 preferred).
- Ability to work independently on the specification and design of LV and HV electrical systems
- Working knowledge of interfacing requirements of digital, analogue and communications signals.
- Previous experience in automotive related design and installation an advantage.
- Knowledge of isolation requirements and practices for DC systems to 800V.
- An understanding of material selection and protective treatments.
- An understanding of electric vehicles is advantageous.
- Experience on the implementation of automotive ECU units is an advantage.