This contract is to support the design and analysis of electrical parts, components, assemblies, subassemblies and systems, and the production of associated drawings and instructions to fit electrical power systems.
In this all-encompassing position and you will be responsible for defining relevant project deliverables, such as component purchase specifications, drawings, bills of material, electrical diagrams, verification testing plans, test procedures, technical descriptions and instructions, connection tables, product analysis.
The client wants you to develop, review, and approve purchase specifications for low voltage electrical cabinet and drive components; such as contactors, relays, transformers, inductors, wires, cables, switches, breakers, power supplies, electrical filter components, drive accessories.
You'll need to specify, perform, review and approve prototype tests and product type tests including cabinet insulation and overvoltage tests, heat run tests, short circuit and arc tests, EMC.
Provide answers on interpretations of regulatory standards; such as UL, IEC, NEC, NEMA.
Understand interfacing requirements, design specifications and technical drawings on substations up to 33kV.
KEY BACKGROUND, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
* Electrical Engineering degree or equivalent in a relevant subject.
* Related experience with an emphasis on power conversion equipment.
* Experience on interfacing microgeneration systems to LV or MV up to 33kV.
* Experience in CE Marking.
* Ability to perform and/or oversee laboratory high power drives testing.
* Desirable to be certified to 18th edition wiring regulations.
* Understanding of 3 phase electrical systems and high power converters, eg motor drives, UPS systems or grid connected converters, national grid codes would be useful but not essential