Working within a Research and Development environment you will be responsible for all aspects of product development; overseeing Industrial design, Mechanical design, Acoustics, Transducer design, EE, DSP etc. right through to manufacturing. Product development requires a fast-accurate pace and tight deadlines & this role is to support the teams existing DSP engineers in taking products to market. As a DSP Engineer you’ll need a cross-discipline engineering skillset covering both software and hardware development. The main focus of the role is to:
• Support the tuning process and validate sign off of the final release data.
• Design, maintain, and implement core audio DSP algorithms and control software.
• Confirm and insure QoS of the inter-chip communication (i2c, i2s TDM etc.) at numerous hardware build stages throughout a project cycle.
Broadly, the position will also include:
• Tuning Team support
• Software Release
• Hardware Testing
• Algorithm Development
• Systems improvement
• Hardware selection
To apply for this position we are looking for:
• Bachelors/Masters degree in a relevant field.
• Knowledge of audio signal processing with theoretical and/or real-time DSP experience.
• Understanding of fundamental DSP ideals: Filter theory, sample theory, ADC/DACs. etc.
• Experience coding with (one or more) languages in Matlab, Python or C/C++ with experience of object-oriented programming (OOP).
• Experience operating electronic test equipment such as oscilloscopes, multimeters, etc.
• Experience working with Python.
• Experience working in a Linux or Unix development environment.
• Experience with assembly language for real-time audio processing.
• Ability to read and understand electronics schematics and layouts.
• Familiarity with real-time audio prototyping tools such as Max/MSP.
• Familiarity with sound recording/editing software tools, audio measurement tools.
• Experience of software version control: Git, SVN.
Due to the international nature of this company, you may be asked to travel from time to time to places like the USA, China or Europe.
This position would suit an engineer looking for career development and who is interested in working on new product activities from the concept stage. Graduates who can demonstrate a passion for this technology, or who have completed an internship will be considered.
Benefits package includes:
- Competitive Salary
- 25 Days + Bank Holidays
- Pension (5% employee, 5% employer)
- Life assurance
- Discounted products
- Free food