Exciting start-up business with the financial backing of an industrial brand is seeking a proven Development Engineer to join the business in the prototype development and application stage.
They are developing an innovative engine for heavy duty transport and power. The engines are capable of very low emission of pollutants that affect air quality and unprecedented fuel efficiency; with sustainable fuels, this technology provides a permanent solution for sectors that find electrification most challenging, while offering rapid pay-back and cost savings to the operator. Now fully funded, the company has accelerated its activities.
A small dedicated in-house technical expert team, developing know-how and IP in unique aspects of the engine. These aspects include the performance, efficiency and durability of the engine, as observed from rigs, single-cylinder and multi-cylinder prototypes. My client must now deliver a fast-paced program of prototype development and application, and this will be achieved via a mix of in-house teams and outsourcing to specialist engineering suppliers. This position will support the Chief Engineer, Development, with the next phase of prototype testing onsite and at two universities.
- Technical responsibility for test projects using rigs, single-cylinder and multi-cylinder engines
- Co-ordination of hardware builds, test schedules, fault rectification and delivery of test results, often to demanding time schedules
- Analysis of test results, development of conclusions and recommendations for development towards technical targets
- Supporting engineering partners and academic institutions in delivering test programs
- Reporting of technical progress and risk
- Day to day management of suppliers and programme partners as appropriate
- Supporting the Technical Director and Chief Engineers to actively manage programme risk and forward planning of work and resource
- Engineering graduate with experience of internal combustion engine testing and development
- Fluent in thermodynamics, engine and engine systems technology and engineering
- Experience of using 1D & 3D CFD simulation for steering hardware & performance development is an advantage, but not essential
- Has SME and / or start up experience and attracted by the unique challenges of a small business