This company designs and manufactures a novel high performance product created to meet today's challenging applications in the oil and gas industry.
You can be at the heart of developing and supporting new and unique 3D manufacturing technology. We have a great opportunity for an experienced leader to manage and lead a group of engineers developing our processes and equipment
The role is to lead the newly formed Design, Process & Equipment (DPE) group of multidiscipline engineers. Your team will be one of three teams reporting to the head of Industrialisation. The other two new teams are Industrial Process Definition (IPD) and Build, Commission & Transfer to Production (BCT). You will also work closely with the Project Management Group to ensure you are delivering the resources and agreed milestones of your team to the various projects across the company.
You will have a technical background in development of novel production processes, bringing both your management expertise and engineering skills together to develop cutting edge production technology. You will have excellent capabilities in effectively managing engineers and stakeholders. You will be key in leading the formation or this new group, instrumental in creating processes for them to work effectively within and managing resources to deliver projects.
You will be managing an expanding team of initially 6 engineers across mechanical, electrical and control specialisms. You will be focused on enabling your team to work effectively, have a clear framework to work within and managing the team to deliver their various projects. You will be expert in how to manage the development process from initial concept design to fully designed novel production processes and equipment.
As the company expands you will be expected to both develop the QMS procedures for your team to work within and manage the resources of your team, including leading the technical definition of further recruits, contractors and suppliers you require for your team to deliver.
Your team will be responsible for developing all production processes and equipment including; Functional specifications, All design documentation, Process & Equipment Risk Assessments, SAT and FAT, TCF all within a frameworks that meet machinery directives and CE marking. You will also manage suppliers to develop and supply equipment externally as well as internally. You will also need to support our current production operations were they need high tier support or development of equipment or process changes.
You will need excellent communication skills to clearly justify your decisions, gain good support from across the company and our suppliers and ensure a well-motivated and cohesive team.
You will be developing production equipment with a CapEx >£10million over the next 12 months.
• You are an Engineer that has progressed to managing others with a strong technical background and capability.
• A great problem solver with a positive, can do and motivational attitude.
• Background in Technical Management of the design, build and commissioning of bespoke state of the art production machinery and processes.
• Expert in managing teams (internal a& External) and developing effective structured, stage based processes for rapid development projects.
• Self-motivated, able to manage your own and others time to deliver excellent technical solutions on schedule
• Open and communicative to be able to work effectively as part of a team
• Be an effective decision maker who can manage all project stakeholders
• Tight control of budget and schedule in accordance with best management practice
• Risk based approach to development of complex manufacturing systems
• Excellent ability to document your and the projects work
• Experience in large size, high precision, bespoke machinery
• Experience in Design for Manufacture
• Hands on leading of technical direction of teams of engineers and technicians
• Thorough understanding of the regulations on machine design (CE, machinery directive, PUWER) and efficiently incorporating their requirements in a Technical Construction File.
• A graduate with a first class or upper second class degree in Mechanical/Control/Production Engineering (or related subject) from a quality university
• Minimum 5 years experience in management of technical developments
• Expertise in Manufacturing Quality Management (6 sigma, Lean, Statistical Process Control....)
• Experience in composites
• Experience of Rotating and high precision Machinery, pipe handling equipment, novel Special Purpose Machinery in general
This is a great chance to work on truly innovation production technology in a rapidly expanding company that provides opportunity to progress your career as they expand.
• Bonus – up to 10%
• Company Pension Scheme
• Private Health Insurance for family
• 25 days holidays per year plus bank holidays
• Free parking