Design Engineer- Interior Trim
Contract - £240 - £290 per day
An enthusiastic and driven individual with the desire to learn and improve both yourself and the team around you.
• A self-motivated and proactive Engineer who is not afraid to pick up something new and work outside the boundaries of the job description.
• A team player who actively looks to help the people around them.
• Someone who can work in a fast paced and changing environment and willing to help shape what the future looks like.
• A Degree qualified Engineer (or related technical field) or someone who has the equivalent relevant experience in industry.
• An Engineer with sound knowledge and understanding of engineering design principles including DFM, DFA, DFMEA & DVP.
• Someone who is willing to support the development and Manufacturing of a vehicle that will be Engineered and Manufactured between the UK, Sweden & China. This will include the need for trips to China through the launch of the program.
• You are clear and logical in both written and verbal communication
• Degree in Engineering, or related technical field or equivalent relevant experience.
• Experience in Interior Trim design and development including design Foam, Plastics, Trim, Packaging of Wire Harness, packaging of Electronic modules and Structures components.
• 5 years minimum experience in use of Catia V5.
• Knowledge of TeamCentre (TCe) and Enovia PDM systems.
• Able to work on a self-initiated basis and in a team environment
• Knowledge of Catia Kinematics module.
• Knowledge of use of lightweight materials (i.e. Carbon Fibre, Composites, Magnesium) in Vehicle Interior design.
• Knowledge of Vehicle Safety Systems Design and Integration.
Create 3D design and 2D drawings as required.
• Document CAD activities in line with clients and Customer requirements & in support of clients objectives.
• Maintain all facets of CAD drawing generation in line with customer requirements.
• Create design proposals & concepts, and to participate in decisions regarding engineering changes and design direction.
• Ensure progress in vehicle systems packaging, liaising with both client, Customer and Supplier engineering teams.
• Coordination of all cross functional inputs/outputs for Styling, Package, Vehicle Integration, CAE, Test, Manufacturing, Service, Quality and Safety.
• Incorporating DFM, DFA back into 3D design
• Understanding of Vehicle packaging and Occupant ergonomics
• Experience of working with China Partners, Suppliers etc….
• Be involved with all aspects of Interior systems design and development, from concept to Launch, as part of the Body Interiors Team.
• Participate in System level DFMEA, DVP creation and ongoing reviews.
• Participate in, and contribute to, the generation of system specifications, process documentation, Design Rules etc ….