18 days ago
Salary / Rate:
£dependant on experience
Export Compliance Manager
Our innovative high technology client in Southampton is seeking a Export Compliance Manager who's remit is to ensure the business complies with all customs requirements for their products being shipped around the world and therefore, candidates will need to have export/import compliance expertise from within a manufacturing environment (any sector is fine, it’s the export of products that is key).
This is an export compliance role, managing the internal export compliance not managing people.
To be the Business Process Owner and primary point of contact for all Customs / Import & Export Control processes within the company, through providing ongoing oversight and specialist advice to shipping, order management, sales channel and procurement.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
1. Export Control:
• Ensure sufficient and accurate Export License cover across the business
• Management and execution of Export Licensing business processes and tools working with the Product Compliance Manager
• Primary accountability for undertaking operational export/import control activities across all sites, dealing with EUUs, License Applications, and pro-active progressing of same.
o To coordinate activities with staff in other groups as needed.
o To provide training and development in Export Control / License Applications across both UK sites to ensure sufficient skill-set in Shipping to reliably comply with all the companies and ECO requirements.
• To provide advice regarding US export control and US re-export control legislation, in particular with de-minimus limits, License exceptions from USA, and where necessary, coordinated applications for export and re-export licenses from the appropriate US authorities.
• Ensure and enforce across both our UK sites effective compliance to internal export control procedures laws and regulations that affect our sales of controlled products
• Participate in Audits of records by ECJU Export Control Organisation.
2. Customs Compliance (Worldwide):
• To develop, implement and monitor customs regimes, to minimise duties, taxes and other costs
• Ensure that Customs regimes are adhered to efficiently and effectively for imports and Exports in line with AEO requirements.
• Working with Product Management and R&D to ensure that correct Tariff Codes are applied to products and components, including submitting Binding Tariff Requests to the appropriate authorities
• Develop business processes concerning Free Trade Agreements and long-term supplier declarations to minimize the impact of customs duty on the company and our customers
• Preparation and submission of reports to HMRC and other Statutory Bodies as required
• Advise the Service team for repair and return of products to overseas customers, distributors, and affiliates
• Primary contact for HMRC Customs audits and AEO
• Ensure multi-site integrated business processes are defined, implemented and operated in line with regulatory legislation
• Advisory on exporting to difficult territories
• Deliver continuous improvement within scope of the role to improve performance, quality, efficiency and cost management
• Provide Training and general guidance on Shipping, Customs, and Export Control to employees throughout the business
• To coordinate with central business counterparts (e.g. Central Customs & External Trade Department) in areas of mutual business accountability.
• Extensive knowledge of the UK Customs/Trade Compliance and regulatory requirements within a manufacturing environment
• Knowledge of workings of Free Trade Agreements
• Experienced in producing export documentation for shipments requiring export licences
• Experienced in product classifications, to ensure correct product classification and duty rates
• Ideally, Business Studies qualification or Diploma in International Trade
• Able to coordinate and influence team members across a broad range of disciplines and functions without direct reporting line responsibility
• Excellent communication skills both orally and in writing, with the ability to discuss complex, commercial issues with staff at all levels
• Self resilient- able to adapt and be flexible in a change oriented, fast-paced environment
• Remains calm and composed under pressure
• Self starter with high levels of drive, perseverance and self-motivation
• Able to foster a respectful, fair and consistent environment through their expertise, leading by example
• Recognised as a strong problem solver and uses initiative to develop innovative, practical solutions
• Able to work across multiple tasks methodically and efficiently, always delivering on commitments
• Has the adaptability to be flexible, prioritise and deliver against deadlines with minimal supervision
To apply please send an MS Word formatted version of your CV across for our review and consideration.