This is probably one of those rare jobs that only come up once in blue moon and would appeal to someone who has a strategic outlook, someone who likes to build effective teams and put plans in place to achieve longer term goals.
This client is a fairly small business but well known for developing their employees and giving them additional responsibility. What they look for is a positive & willing attitude they can build on.
They are certified in ISO9001, ISO14001 & 18001 standards and plan to continue to develop its process orientated, but open and enjoyable working environment.
This position is all about the longer term – what resources will we need, what equipment needs buying, how are we going to look after out customers, develop our suppliers, develop the team, succession planning, reduce cost etc etc..
In this role you’ll be responsible for day to day customer order management and communication. Demand planning, production planning, material planning.
Acting as the principal point of contact for Customers and Sales for all enquiries, new orders and existing orders
You’ll be working closely with Sales and Operations to ensure forecast and safety stock align with incoming order profile.
Specific duties will include:
• Facilitate timely New Order reviews.
• Provide costings to Sales for previously sold products
• Plan, Enter and Manage demand on ERP system (Sales Orders, Forecasts, Projects)
• To translate the Sales Orders and Forecasts into an agreed Production Plan and Subcontract schedule
• To enact the shipping process prior to despatch of finished goods & ensure all paperwork and documentation is correct
• Enact engineering change notes (ECN) within the ERP system
• Action excess and obsolete material
• Review and update planning parameters
• Inventory planning and forecasting
• Produce key planning performance indicators (KPI)
• Forecast accuracy
• Build plan adherence
• Job completion adherence by date
• ECN implementation (days)
• Stock on hand (days)
• Excess and obsolete stock
• MRP housekeeping reports
• Overdue work and sales orders
• Improving the use of MRP and align with introduction of lean processes
• Introduce suppliers onto non-discrete ordering processes (Kanban, Schedules, VMI etc)
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
• Excellent Communication skills – ability to communicate effectively at all levels
• Confident, engaging and assertive.
• A good listener with the ability to influence
• A good command of written English
• Technical Ability
• Degree qualified or equivalent experience/intellect
• Experience and understanding of ERP and planning systems
• Experience of production buying and logistics desirable
This position would suit a multitasker with excellent communication skills who is used to working in a professional engineering and production environment.
• Company Pension Scheme
• Company bonus
• Life Assurance
• Health Insurance
• Cycle to Work Scheme
• Childcare Vouchers
• 27 days holidays per year plus bank holidays
• Employee Assistance Program
• Free parking on site
• 4.5 day week & flexitime