£Neg + benefits
The Cubing Engineer will be critical to achieve the high aspirational level of exterior quality on the new products. They will need to work closely with a supplier to deliver checking fixturing/media for maturation and analysis of new model single parts and assemblies (body and structural panels) during the launch phases. They will plan and deliver an event at each build phase to establish the quality status and report internally and externally the action plans and progress since the last event.
- Manage Cubing / Gauging Fixture design process with the Supplier;
- Develop methodical process to deliver cubing activities every build phase:
- Support delivery & cubing validation alongside the Supplier;
- Execute the cubing activities and develop detailed analysis of error states;
- Work with suppliers to mature part quality based on the data collected;
- Develop the cubing & gauging standards throughout the process;
- Ensure quality processes are fit for purpose;
- Work as part of a team to deliver the project on time, cost and meet the targets;
Working closely with the cubing manufacturer to ensure that the fixturing is fit for purpose is key. The role will require an ability to foster strong relationships with internal and external suppliers to ensure parts and equipment are delivered on time and budget, in order to deliver the activities. Key relationships within the dimensional engineering team must be strong with excellent understanding and communication to maximise the impact of the team.
The role has two main elements, design and delivery of the fixturing ready for the prototype build phases is the first. This will require good technical grounding in measurement and fixture design to guide and manage the suppliers design, as well as ensuring the supplier is aligned to the product changes as it matures. Delivering the cubing events and quality analysis is the second. This requires good relationships with manufacturing teams and strong relationships with SQA and part suppliers in order to give them effective feedback to improve the product.
Qualifications and Experience (Essential & Desirable criteria)
- Engineering Degree or equivalent;
- Minimum 3 years relevant automotive experience;
- Extensive knowledge of vehicle building process;
- Good understanding of current measurement technologies;
- Basic GD&T awareness;
- Dimensional / gauging / measurement experience;
- Essential project management skill for timing, resource and cost;
- Proficient MS office software;
- Motivated and able to work autonomously & as part of a team;
- Good communication skills, written & verbal;
- Cross functional teamwork skills;